Former Employer Harassment, False Statements...

Status
Not open for further replies.

upcojames

A new executive came into my previous employer and managed to get everyone laid off, and forced the CEO to resign. Now their clients are threatening to sue to the company because many client projects were left incomplete. The new executive laid everyone off, so there is no more staff to finish those projects.

That executive demanded I return on a contract basis and finish those projects. However, I had a new non-compete in place that would make it unethical. Therefore, now the executive is telling those clients that I "sabotaged" the work when I left, and he is calling clients of my new employer and bad mouthing me.

Obvious I have a case, but I don't want to persue a lengthy, stressfull litigation. Is there any easy, effective option to just get this guy out of my future?

Appreciated...

I don't know the facts and what the potential dispute may be with regard to a noncompete and your leaving work unfinished.

Putting that aside, if I found myself in a position where I was being defamed and wanted a good tactic to hopefully prevent this from continuing, I might do the following. I would send a letter, certified return receipt, stating that I have been informed of defamatory and disparaging statements made allegedly by the executive to former clients. He is to cease and desist such statements immediately. I'd cc an attorney if you can or get an attorney to draft the letter for you. From my perspective, a formal letter that is well written usually puts some fear into people that they may be actually held responsible for their bad actions.

Originally posted by upcojames
A new executive came into my previous employer and managed to get everyone laid off, and forced the CEO to resign. Now their clients are threatening to sue to the company because many client projects were left incomplete. The new executive laid everyone off, so there is no more staff to finish those projects.

That executive demanded I return on a contract basis and finish those projects. However, I had a new non-compete in place that would make it unethical. Therefore, now the executive is telling those clients that I "sabotaged" the work when I left, and he is calling clients of my new employer and bad mouthing me.

Obvious I have a case, but I don't want to persue a lengthy, stressfull litigation. Is there any easy, effective option to just get this guy out of my future?

Appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back