forgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

angeleyes

my husband had broke into his aunt`s car an stole her pocketbook she gad blank money order`s in it so he filled them out in my name and had me to cash them for him because he had no id . how is this considered forgery if they was made out to me and she had no proof that the money order`s was her`s:mad: :( :confused:

Let me give you the definition of forgery according to the New York Penal Code:

A perosn is guilty of forgery when, with intent to defraud, deceive or injure another, he falsely makes, completes or alters a written document.

Since your husband put in your name into the up to then "incomplete" money order, he "completed" it.

The law further says: A person "falsely completes" a written instrument when, by adding, inserting or changing matter, he transforms an incomplete written instrument into a complete one without the authority of anyone entitled to grant it...

In New York what your husband did would be a felony and so is the use of such an instrument, that crime is called "criminal possession of a forged instrument."

The question of proving that it was a "forged" instrument of course is another matter. That is what the prosecution has to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back