Forgery and fraud involving daughters inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

My grandmother died in 2001 and left my daughter a little over $10,000 from the closing of a CD account. A check was issued in my daughters name and given to the executor of the estate, my aunt. I was never told of this check and only found out 10 days ago. My aunt forged a ficticious name and deposited it into her account. The bank never informed me or did any endorsment verification. I am only now attempting to go through the process of having this money transfered and have even released the bank of any liability. My question is what is the chance that the bank in Wisconsin, that my aunt involved, will go after her? I live in Texas and am curious if she will get away with this scott free.

scarlet said:
My grandmother died in 2001 and left my daughter a little over $10,000 from the closing of a CD account. A check was issued in my daughters name and given to the executor of the estate, my aunt. I was never told of this check and only found out 10 days ago. My aunt forged a ficticious name and deposited it into her account. The bank never informed me or did any endorsment verification. I am only now attempting to go through the process of having this money transfered and have even released the bank of any liability. My question is what is the chance that the bank in Wisconsin, that my aunt involved, will go after her? I live in Texas and am curious if she will get away with this scott free.
Why not report a crime? This is a punishable offense. If the bank is paying you (is that the exchange for releasing them from additional liability?) then it would be very likely that they will prosecute her... I hope she doesn't get away with it. :D Let us know how things turn out...

You need to contact the issuing bank and request to fill out an Affidavit of Endorsement, also get a police report from the jurisdiction it occured in. You are well within the time frame to file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back