Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Forfeiture

Linda Escobedo

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I have a friend who has property that was seized and being used for the criminal case. The property obtained by the officers was then turned into a new case. The forfeiture procedures are complex,a and the time issue is confusing.

I have a friend who has property that was seized and being used for the criminal case. The property obtained by the officers was then turned into a new case. The forfeiture procedures are complex,a and the time issue is confusing.

You are correct, forfeitures are complex, time consuming, and rarely do criminal defendants get their stuff back.

Stuff should be of no concern to any criminal defendant.

The immediate concern for criminal defendants, as I told my clients, was loss of their freedom, for decades, sometimes life!

Sooner or later the IRS and state tax authorities will appear to throw kerosene onto the forfeiture bonfire!

That's when the real fun begins.

Then your friend needs a lawyer, not somebody asking questions for him on the internet.

Back