Foreign object found in food

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommygirl

I was eating a bag of chips I got from a vending machine. I was almost done and I turned the bag upside down to empty it into my mouth. I felt something strange on my lip. When I looked in the bag I saw what appears to be a dead slug or some other bug. I looks like a black gummy worm covered in powder. I immediately became ill. Since that time my appetite has dwindled and I find myself scrutinizing everthing I eat to the point of making it unappealing. I've lost weight and constantly feel like something is in my mouth. Do I have any legal options?

Sure you have options but you'd need to speak to an attorney. Your case is specific and the attorney can explain to you what the course forward would be. This would include not only how to deal with your current affliction, which is not unreasonable given the circumstances, and what the road might be to a recovery, e.g. expert analysis (e.g. observation by a psychologist), the cost of bringing a lawsuit, etc.

UPDATE...I work in a hospital, so I brought it to pathology to see if they could determine what it was. It doesn't appear to be a bug but some nasty gelatinous substance. It's still gross and I still feel sick over it, but hopefully I'll get my normal appetite back and can stop picking my food apart.

Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back