Ford cancelling our extended warranty on new truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonya

Alright...here's the story. My husband purchased a Ford 250 powerstroke diesel truck in November along with a bumper to bumper 100,000 mile warranty. The other day, the truck got fueled up with gas instead of diesel. It was realized immediately and the truck was not driven, but we did have to move it about 100ft. away from the pumps. Called a tow truck and had it towed to the dealer. They drained the tank, flushed the lines, & installed new filters. Then told us that Ford suggested replacing the whole fuel system...injectors and all $9600. We called our insurance company & an adjustor went and looked at the truck. The truck was started and idled for awhile, then driven around the lot. No diagnostic codes or check engine lights so our insurance company says thats it. They cant see fixing everything Ford is saying to do when the truck seems to be running fine & Ford has no proof that these parts are damaged. They say the parts could potentially be damaged. The insurance man assured us that if we have problems with the injectors later on, they would then pay for it to get fixed. Now...Ford is saying that if we do not do what they suggest, they are cancelling the warranty on not just the fuel system, but the entire engine. I just would like some advice on where we stand legally. I cant see spending almost 10,000 dollars on something that doesn't appear to be broken, but I also do not like the thought of losing our 100,000 mile warranty on a truck with only 4,000 miles on it. Thanks so much for any help!!!!!

Read your contract.
Ford reserved the right to cancel the extended warranty, if the vehicle was not maintained to their standards.
You have no legal recourse for their actions.
If it worries, why not trade the truck in and get a newer truck?

I dont want to trade the truck in...We just purchased the truck and I do not want to take a loss on it. Especially since 3 wks ago we spent close to $6,000 on it installing lift kit, wheels, tires, etc.

I guess there isnt a way to get my insurance company to oblige Ford either....so, I guess thats it...I would certaintly not spend 10 grand out of my own pocket to fix something that isn't broke...that just dosn't make alot of sense.

I dont want to trade the truck in...We just purchased the truck and I do not want to take a loss on it. Especially since 3 wks ago we spent close to $6,000 on it installing lift kit, wheels, tires, etc.

I guess there isnt a way to get my insurance company to oblige Ford either....so, I guess thats it...I would certaintly not spend 10 grand out of my own pocket to fix something that isn't broke...that just dosn't make alot of sense.

I don't give life advice.
I don't give fair advice.
I don't give car advice.
I gave you legal advice.
You can always sue Ford, but you won't win.
Talk about costs, that'll be more than the ten grand Ford wanted you to spend.

Heck, the truck works.
Your insurer said they'd pay for the injectors if they fail.
I guess its time to move on and enjoy life.
I think things will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back