Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft First Time Arrested

Marie17

Jurisdiction
New York
What will be the outcome of the court date that is set for the crime? Since this is my first time being arrested, I received a Desk Appearance Ticket.

What will be the outcome of the court date that is set for the crime? Since this is my first time being arrested, I received a Desk Appearance Ticket.

Two potential outcomes of any crime, guilty, or not guilty.

The fact that you were give a DAT, means it was a low level infraction.

Plead NOT guilty, ask for a lawyer, stay out of trouble, see what happens.

The fact that you were give a DAT, means it was a low level infraction.

Judge, with a few exceptions, the New York State Criminal Procedure Law mandates that appearance tickets be issued for class E felonies and below, so the charge isn't necessarily a low level infraction.

You have provided no details. If you want some kind of a real answer we need more information, for instance what was the charge(s) and where did this occur?

Judge, with a few exceptions, the New York State Criminal Procedure Law mandates that appearance tickets be issued for class E felonies and below, so the charge isn't necessarily a low level infraction.

Oh yes, it is NY.
The better quality felons do get the opportunity to sign themselves out of school.
Thanks, mate. LOL

Back