Other Criminal Charges & Offenses first offense false police report class b mis

Status
Not open for further replies.

pv2simonj

I was arrested for filling a false police reoprt. it is my first offense and I have a good military record. What is the likely hood of it being dismissed on the fact of a clean record and service. They have solid evidence of it.

I was arrested for filling a false police reoprt. it is my first offense and I have a good military record. What is the likely hood of it being dismissed on the fact of a clean record and service. They have solid evidence of it.

It probably won't be dismissed, most things aren't.

It has NOTHING to do with your honorable military service, either.

Making a False Report in Texas is a Class B Misdemeanor under TPC, Section 37.08.
The maximum punishment for a Class B misdemeanor is up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.
If convicted, its very unlikely you'll see one day in jail.
But, there will be some sort of fine and lots of fees.
This crime is the sits at the same level of as does a DWI.

Don't hitch your cart in front of your horse and expect the cart to pull the horse.
So, plead not guilty, make no statements or admissions, hire a lawyer (if you're indigent, ask the court to appoint a public defender) then stay out of more trouble, and wait.

No way one can predict EXACTLY what will happen to you, except to say most people don't do jail for this, but all pay fines, fees, and court costs.

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back