Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI First DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahrakc

I have been arrested for my first DUI in Arapahoe County. I elected to take the blood test rather than the road side breathalizer so I do not know what my legal BAC was at time of arrest. When I got to detox, I blew a .09. I passed the roadside and was arrested for what the officer said was "suspicion of DUI", however my ticket says driving under the influence. I left detox with my license IN HAND, and do not know where to go from here? I have read online that I have 7 days to contact the DMV for a hearing? Is this right? I do not have court for 2 months....This is my first arrest with no criminal record of any kind...a couple of speeding tickets, none in the last year or so but that is all. No other arrests or tickets of any kind. Does anyone know what is likely to happen to me in Arapahoe County? Do I need to contact the DMV? HELP?!?!

Contact the DMV... they can give you permission to continue driving... maybe limited to work related activities... but they will be the ones to do it.

I have contacted the DMV and all parties are waiting on blood test results to see if a revocation notice for my license is issued. Assuming it gets issued, and I go to my DMV hearing to try to keep it, does anyone know what the chances are of my actually being able to keep a restricted license to get to and from work? I have NO prior charges or convictions, and best guess my blood test will reveal anywhere from a .09-.10 on this first offense. I am a single mother of a 3 year old who has to get to and from day care each day before and after I go to work. Per RTD's schedules, I would have to start walking from my condo at 1:30 in the morning to take enough public transit to get him dropped off and get to work by 7 am every day! Anyone have any ideas on what I can show or tell the DMV to be able to drive to work?

The DMV hearing will take into account your prior records and your need to drive your vehicle. The reasons you are giving are the most common... so long as they are legitimate, you have a good chance.

Next question-I will be scheduling my DMV hearing today, and my paperwork states that I have to relinquish my driver's license to them and that they will issue a temporary permit that is valid until the date of my hearing. This is fine, but I am wondering, first of all, if this "permit" is a photo ID? Or will I also need to obtain a COID in order to have a photo ID (I am flying out of the state in 23 days and will need photo ID both to get on the plane and while I am out of state--I do plan on calling the DMV to ask them this later this morning before I go to the DMV). Also, it has been recommended that I request my arresting officer be present at my DMV hearing, which I will do, but I am wondering if anyone is able to tell me what happens if my arresting officer does not show up to my hearing? Thanks!

Also, I have heard some conflicting information on potentially receiving jail time when I go to court in February? Can anyone tell me what the chances are that the judge will sentence me to a few days in jail as well as the classes, community service, fines, etc. that I will receive? And if it is likely, is there anything I myself can do to prevent that? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back