Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse fingerprints

T

thechicken

Jurisdiction
Illinois
heres my issue, a safe containing drugs was found on a vacant lot where a fire had started. The safe remained intact after the fire and a year later the police show up and want to talk to me. They say my prints were found inside, and offer to let me turn rat to get off. I refuse and say i wish to seek counsel before answering further questions. They say they will let me know on my cell phone if a warrant comes out for my arrest. I have a possession with intent history and the safe was found a few blocks from my house. Is this enough to charge me? Should I keep a lawyer on retainer to get me released or at least a bond reduction if i do have to turn myself in? I am on probation. what should this cost? My previous lawyer wanted $1500 for a retainer, it is a class 1 felony case if it were brought to court.

I refuse and say i wish to seek counsel before answering further questions.

Good move.

Is this enough to charge me?

No clue.

Should I keep a lawyer on retainer

That can only be your choice.

At least line one up so you know who to call if you get arrested.

what should this cost? My previous lawyer wanted $1500 for a retainer, it is a class 1 felony case if it were brought to court.

If you get arrested and charged it's likely to cost you many thousands to defend.

I suggest you stay off the internet and don't talk to anybody about this except for any attorney.

As long as you use your RIGHT to remain silent, nothing more will come of this.

The problem for you,however, might be your probation.
Report the police contact to your probation officer in the manner you were instructed to do so in your probation documents.

10 Reasons Not to Talk to the Police

Back