Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Finding employment after burglary charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkeydelight

Few years back, an old buddy of mine, and I went on an 'adventure' and long story short was charged with burglary. Unfortunately, few years prior to that I was also charged with 'Computer Theft'. Although, I've been trying to keep employment with the three jobs I've been working, it's starting to fall apart. Two aren't paying and the third is getting ready to fire me. So, at this point I am looking to write up a resume and try to get my self into a beneficial position. Is there any places that would be able to guide me on how to word my resume? Help me sell the better me? Opposed to the records I have on file.

Thanks in advance.

Check out http://www.hirenetwork.org/home

There is a listing for each state, with both government and non-profit resources. Some of these agencies assist in job-searching, interviewing, resume skills, etc. while others have a list of agencies that are willing to hire someone with a criminal background, even a violent one. Other organizations even hold job fairs.

It is also sometimes easier to get a job with a temp. agcy. when there is a hx of a criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back