Financial Obligation After Closing, New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpapas

Hi,
My wife and I recently purchased a home in New Jersey. The home uses propane fuel for heat and hot water. There is an underground tank on the property that stores the propane. During the closing the sellers attorney provided the buyout for the propane in the tank, around $400. After we left our attorneys office we were contacted by my attorney paralegal and she said that the sellers miscalculated the propane value on the HUD and that we owe them an additional $900 for the propane they recently purchased. My initial response was to have the information e-mailed to me and we wiould take care of sending a check directly to the sellers new home.

After we arrived at our new house we noticed some damage to a window in the livingroom that stemmed from some repairs they had recently made to the exterior of the house.

My question is: Are we liable for the $900 or not and are they liabkle for the damaged window? I just recieved a notice from the sellers attorney stating they are taking us to court and if we pay before the court date they will drop the charges. They also included what looks like the paperwork submitted to the courts but there is no docket # or date filled in?? Are they trying to scare me into paying?

I appreciate the insight.

Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back