1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Financial Advisor

Discussion in 'Banking, Finance, Investments' started by PurpleSong, Jul 30, 2022.

1. PurpleSong

PurpleSong Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    United Kingdom
    After my father passed away (2014), I put my inheritance in the hands of an independant financial advisor in 2015.

I have requested I have everything back, with it being paid into my bank account. Yesterday the advisor informs me that it would go against their advice for me to take everything. Should I insist on doing this, they would terminate our client agreement and I would have to contact the various companies that have my money.

Their Terms of business say nothing about the client having to get the money back. I have paid my fees and even agreed to an additional charge for them to check if I would have to pay tax and to get it all sorted for me.

I kept repeating to the advisor that it is my money and therefore I want it back and they are contracted to handle my money.

Where do I stand with this?

Grateful for any help.

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

This is a United States Law site.

3. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

If you think the financial advisor is doing you wrong, there seems to be two regulatory agencies that you might get help from: The Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.