Final Paycheck withheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts1083

I was part-time worker for a company, and they claimed to have "lost my final paycheck" after i was let go after the holidays. I got paid on commision and it was my xmas check($450+). I have been going over there weekly and each time they have a new excuse of why the reprinted check isnt in yet. Technically, the check should have came on 12/28. Now they want me to do the research to see how much it is. Can someone tell me approximately what i will get and if its worth a claim? Cuz they are beginning to aggrivate me!!!

Originally posted by jts1083
I was part-time worker for a company, and they claimed to have "lost my final paycheck" after i was let go after the holidays. I got paid on commision and it was my xmas check($450+). I have been going over there weekly and each time they have a new excuse of why the reprinted check isnt in yet. Technically, the check should have came on 12/28. Now they want me to do the research to see how much it is. Can someone tell me approximately what i will get and if its worth a claim? Cuz they are beginning to aggrivate me!!!
I would send a certified return receipt letter, demand payment of the check within 5 business days and, if necessary, take them to small claims. I would likely go in front of a judge where a transcript will be made. As far as what it is worth, a judge may issue punitive damages but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's not a long period of time at this point so other than interest I'm not sure what might be given to you. If I were your judge I would if I could! I believe much in reasonable monetary sanctions for wrongful actions where there is no defensible position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back