Filming Apple Products okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_Saylor

I am making a video to enter in a contest. I want to know if it is ok for me to film myself using an Apple IMAC or Apple IPHONE? It will only be for 20-30 seconds total. Also in the voiceover for the video I will be talking about the Apple products and how I am using them. Do any of these thing infringe on any copyrights or intellectual property? The contest rules are very explicit about infringement of copyrights or trademarks.

If there is an issue, will covering the logos on the devices put me in the clear?

Thanks everyone for the help. I am very much a novice in making videos. Maybe I am just being paranoid.

There are all types of potential issues surrounding using trademarks that appear in pictures or video that are offered for sale. If you're creating a video to enter into a contest, I'd find it very difficult to believe that, even if there was some a potential issue for copyright or trademark infringement, it would likely not be worth Apple's time to sue. The filing fees would be greater than the actual damages, which are what? You aren't selling something that would be depriving Apple of making any money they feel they should have earned for an amount worth litigating.

No - you aren't being paranoid. Some believe that Apple has been extremely vigilant and willing to send out cease and desist letters too easily. But for something like this, I'd find it hard to believe unless there is something you aren't sharing with us. Like anything, the only way to know for sure is with a full legal consultation with an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back