Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Fighting A House Party Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorelloX

well I'm 22 years old, I have a lot of gatherings at my house, which is in the middle of nowhere really. the ages range from 18-24 for people who attend and drink on occassion. the majority of people are 21 or over, but there are always younger people at least a few.

well the cops came to my house, actually 4 different departments at once 6 cops i believe. they came to settle a noise complaint around 3:30. Welll instantly when i opened the door the local cop started cussing at me and saying that he wanted in because he thinks he saw people run upstairs when they came to the window and started shining flash lights in without even knocking first.

So first I think its kind of odd for 6 cops and all those departments to show up for a noise complaint..... there were only a little over 20 people at my house at the time.

the officers asked to come in and I told them to get a warrant cuz we havent done anything wrong, so i turned down the music and kept doin whta we were doing, and they said they were goin to get a warrant.

So we tried to hide all the minors in one room and lock it, and then i let them come in adn claimed I didnt have the key to the room. Once they found the locked room they insisted that they would get a warrant to search it. so I said go ahead

3 hours later a cop returns with a warrant to search the room, and all the while the other cops that stayed behind just camped out in my house, i asked them to leave or wait outside but they refused.

eventually they opened the door, and found 11 minors, gave out 7 MIP's and gave me a "HOUSE PARTY TICKET" which i guess is a 500 dollar fine.

there are a few thing I wonder about this whole situation

ONE: their equipment, (two different PBT machines) were really messing up kept on rising when no one was even blowing into them. the two officers said that they were messing up and kept cussing about them how big of a piece of junk they were. One officer even went to get another one which also malfunctioned.
is there anythign we can fight based on that?

TWO: the officers set up shop in my house and refused to leave after they had been allowed to search and did NOT have a warrant to get into the room they wanted to get into.

THREE: Does it matter that I dont really live at this house, i just stay here during the summer, i'm a full time college student only home for the summer, my legal address and everythign thats in my name, license, credit cards, bank statements all that is sent to my college address.
Can I do anything with that?

I've been told that the HOUSE PARTY THING just goes on who's responsible but the officers gave it to me because they thought i lived there, anyone who was at the party knew that pretty much everyone was responsible, the house is a common hang out for me and my friends.

ANy advice anyone can offer to lessen the penalty, fight it, or anything such as that would be greatly appreciated.

Also for months now and even worse AFTERWARDS the cops drive up and down my DIRT ROAD, often turn around in my driveway and pull over anyone who leaves my house on any day after dark, example las night at 2:30 someone left here and got pulled over for having a hat hanging from their rearview mirror.

Just Harassment

if there is anything I can do or my friends can do please advise, reply, PM, best way is email or AIM or Yahoo
email : nextel66@hotmail.com

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back