Felony reducing to misdemeanor...revised statute question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderbolt01

Hello, I have a question that I was hoping you might be able to answer for me. I live in Arizona and on July 30, 2011 given that I have successfully completed my probation, my class 6 felony (disorderly conduct-domestic) will go in front of a judge and be reduced to a misdemeanor (can't remember which level) and my civil rights will be restored (aside from gun rights, that requires another process/form to fill out). I've been looking into multiple career fields, and have come across some "stipulations" that I am unsure of whether or not they will apply to me after my rights have been restored and my felony has been reduced to the misdemeanor.

"Pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-1606(B)(16), each applicant for initial licensure as a Nursing Assistant is required to submit a full set of fingerprints. According to A.R.S. § 32-1646(B), an applicant for nursing assistant certification is not eligible for certification if the applicant has any felony convictions and has not received an absolute discharge from the sentences for all felony convictions. The absolute discharge from the sentence for all felony conviction(s) must be received 5 or more years before submitting this application. If you cannot prove that the absolute discharge date is 5 or more years, the Board will notify you that you do not meet the requirements for certification."

Will the above quotation apply to me after my charge is dropped to a misdemeanor? If it does apply to me, does that mean I will not be able to participate in a program such as the one quoted until 2016?

Thank you for the help. I'm sorry if this belongs in another section, I wasn't sure which area would be better to post this in!

Hello, I have a question that I was hoping you might be able to answer for me. I live in Arizona and on July 30, 2011 given that I have successfully completed my probation, my class 6 felony (disorderly conduct-domestic) will go in front of a judge and be reduced to a misdemeanor (can't remember which level) and my civil rights will be restored (aside from gun rights, that requires another process/form to fill out). I've been looking into multiple career fields, and have come across some "stipulations" that I am unsure of whether or not they will apply to me after my rights have been restored and my felony has been reduced to the misdemeanor.

"Pursuant to A.R.S. § 32-1606(B)(16), each applicant for initial licensure as a Nursing Assistant is required to submit a full set of fingerprints. According to A.R.S. § 32-1646(B), an applicant for nursing assistant certification is not eligible for certification if the applicant has any felony convictions and has not received an absolute discharge from the sentences for all felony convictions. The absolute discharge from the sentence for all felony conviction(s) must be received 5 or more years before submitting this application. If you cannot prove that the absolute discharge date is 5 or more years, the Board will notify you that you do not meet the requirements for certification."

Will the above quotation apply to me after my charge is dropped to a misdemeanor? If it does apply to me, does that mean I will not be able to participate in a program such as the one quoted until 2016?

Thank you for the help. I'm sorry if this belongs in another section, I wasn't sure which area would be better to post this in!

In reading the language of the statute, as provided, it would seem that one is barred from being certified as a CNA; if you had been convicted less than five years from the date of application.

It would seem that sometime in 2016 you would be eligible.

But, I would seek a determination from the program adminstrators where you would be seeking certification.

It also depends on HOW your conviction is reported on your record.

Ask and you shall know!!!!

In reading the language of the statute, as provided, it would seem that one is barred from being certified as a CNA; if you had been convicted less than five years from the date of application.

It would seem that sometime in 2016 you would be eligible.

But, I would seek a determination from the program adminstrators where you would be seeking certification.

It also depends on HOW your conviction is reported on your record.

Ask and you shall know!!!!

Thank you. I was having a hard time understanding what "absolute discharge" meant in the A.R.S. My probation officer doesn't seem to know much about class 6s dropping to misdemeanors, so she's not much help. I don't know who to go to to ask how this will be recorded on my record, and I certainly can't afford to go to a lawyer!

Thank you. I was having a hard time understanding what "absolute discharge" meant in the A.R.S. My probation officer doesn't seem to know much about class 6s dropping to misdemeanors, so she's not much help. I don't know who to go to to ask how this will be recorded on my record, and I certainly can't afford to go to a lawyer!

Ask the school where you want to attend the class.

Or, ask any school, most likely a counselor or the registrar.

The state board could also answer you specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back