Parole, Probation felony defered adjudication probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royj

I have been on D.A. probation for 7 of a 10 year sentence. I mistakenly believed my criminal history would not be available to prospective employers unless i was arrested again or violated the probation. I was a truck driver but now i cant find any trucking companies wno will work with me because the drug arrest is made available to anyone who wants to check.When I made the plea agreement the D.A. offered me 5 years defered jurdication. I will have to wait 5 more years after probation completion before record can be expunged. I will be 55 years old by then. I was wondering if there was anyway that a defered adjudication probation order could be adjudicated without going to jail and maybe be through with the probation now with permanent record . The laws concerning D.A. probation change every time The Texas leg. is in session . The requirements fot expungement are different every time. I thought I was not convicted yet, but evidently all I got was a really complicated problem filling out job apps. If I say no on felony convictions they say I am lying, If I say yes then I wont get hired . I am tired of this . I wish I could go back I would have taken the conviction on my record and be done with the probation 2 years ago!

Unfortunately there is not much you can do…………Knowing Texas law, you have to wait for five years to get the record sealed. You might want to tell them at the interview about your situation and tell them how you have learned and it was a big error in judgment…………..tell them you have to take care of a family and they can even start you on some probationary period………It works sometimes. Just try. Don't discuss about it only when you fill paper work. Do it early, you might find someone willing to help you. It is almost impossible to reverse the plea deal under your circumstance. Try smaller companies or private companies…….they are sometimes more willing to help. The owner might be more understanding than a big company. I know you might have tried all this already, but keep trying. You would be okay! If you serve hard time it makes it worse because it would seem your involvement was so bad you did not qualify for probation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back