Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Felony C First charge at 67 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkuhlmannw

I am 67 years old. Never arrested. No drugs. No alcohol, not much of anything. In the process of waiting for funding for a major multi-billion dollar project, several checks in the amount of $ 4,000 each were written and gave to two employees as we were informed the money would be wired into our bank account and the two in question were given the check based on the commitment fom the lender.

Never happened. They turned over to the PA in the small town close to us and she filed a Felony C charge against me. I was not arrested. The checks were satisfied prior to the court date in March, 2008. The checks were written in October, 2006.

The PA requested for 5 years in prison, 4 year probation, attend a check writing one night, 4 hour program and serve 100 hours of community service. I am a veteran and I voluntereed at one of the VA medical clinics and ultimately received a certificate from the VA. I am in the VA medical program.

I am starting a new travel club and will need to be available to travel offshore frequently. I need to find out what can be done, if anything to get this committed and discharge the Felony C charge as I do not have a police record much less anything like this at 67 years old and a big part of my position will be to constantly go offshore to purchase hospitality properties for the new travel club.

Isn't there something about a first time offender? Two checks for $ 4,000 and I get a Felony C charge? Then the PA checked SEMS or something like that which does not allow me to ever shoot a weapon ever again. I love to hunt and no one knows why she would have checked that on the documents to the court. This has devasted both myself and my wife. There was no weapon used.

I would like to see about getting it discharged due to being a first time incident and will never happen again. At 67 years old, I have never written a "bad check"
ever. I was told that if I would have writen a Promissory Note nothing would have happened. Had I not believed the funding was imminent, I would not have written the checks.

Please contact me if you can help. Email: rkuhlmannw@aol.com.

Regards,

Robert F. Kuhlmann

Last edited:
Well, of course it sounds like you need a lawyer.

It's not my field of expertise, but I think it's horrible what you are going through. I wish you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back