Garnishment Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices ACT

Leon Winfield

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I am sure that a unfair collection act was garnished against me and once the monies was deducted seven months passed by and now they're deducting more I'd like to know how is this right

I am sure that a unfair collection act was garnished against me and once the monies was deducted seven months passed by and now they're deducting more I'd like to know how is this right

If you were sued, a judgment issued, that might explain the why and the how.

For further explanation, discuss the wage levy with your employer's HR or payroll department or managers of same.

For the money to be taken, the funding source was supplied with appropriate documentation and court orders.

Here's how it is right.

1 - You were sued.
2 - The creditor got a judgment against you for X dollars.
3 - You didn't pay the judgment.
4 - The creditor had your pay garnished.
5 - The amount garnished wasn't enough to pay the judgment.
6 - Now there is another round of garnishment to attempt to cover the balance.
7 - If this round of garnishment doesn't cover the balance there will be another one in the future.
8 - Meantime, every time there is a garnishment for the remaining unpaid balance, lawyer fees, court costs, and post-judgment interest are being added to the balance.

Well...ummm...seeing as how you provided ZERO relevant facts, how could we possibly know?

You referred to a garnishment but didn't say what type of garnishment or what was garnished. Garnishments result from civil money judgments, unpaid tax obligations, and child and/or spousal support obligations, but you didn't tell us how this garnishment came about.

If you provide relevant facts, someone may be able to explain things to you.

Back