Eviction Process family members living with family

ffroggygirl

Jurisdiction
Colorado
my mother has been living with my grandmother for 4 months helping her with medical and personal issues I was asked to move to Colorado from Kansas to also assist with Grandma's issues I have been living in my grandma's house for 5 days with my three young children waiting for my house to be finished my grandmother gave me permission to stay until my house was complete last night she threw a fit and left went to my uncle's house my uncle then came over and was threatening myself and my mother in front of my three year old I asked him to please step outside and yell at my child he then proceeded to tell me we have until tomorrow night which would be today to get out I bought food for everybody to eat and my mom has an agreement with my grandmother to pay half of the bills can they legally through a cell without going through the court

can they legally through a cell without going through the court

Not if you stay put and refuse to leave. Then, it's your grandmother's house (right?) so SHE would have to go to court to have you put out.

Who knows, the whole thing might cool off today. If not, you are free to tell him that you and/or your mother get mail there and pay "rent" (in the form of bills and food) so your grandmother (the owner) would have to give you proper written notice to terminate your tenancy. 7 days since you've been there less than 6 months. (But don't tell him that, let him figure it out for himself.) If you get served proper written notice you will have to leave by the deadline of face eviction through the courts.

Colorado Revised Statute 13-40-107 Notice to Quit

(1) A tenancy may be terminated by notice in writing, served not less than the respective period fixed before the end of the applicable tenancy, as follows:

(a) A tenancy for one year or longer, ninety-one days;

(b) A tenancy of six months or longer but less than a year, twenty-eight days;

(c) A tenancy of one month or longer but less than six months, seven days;

(d) A tenancy of one week or longer but less than one month, or a tenancy at will, three days;

(e) A tenancy for less than one week, one day.

(2) Such notice shall describe the property and the particular time when the tenancy will terminate and shall be signed by the landlord or tenant, the party giving such notice or his agent or attorney.

(3) Any person in possession of real property with the assent of the owner is presumed to be a tenant at will until the contrary is shown.

Back