Family member stolen by things

Lori32

Jurisdiction
Michigan
My belongings were stored in my fathers garage. He is now in a home and my stored items were taken. I'm not allowed near my father (who has Parkinson's and dementia). It was agreed and allowed. I never receive notice of removal nor verbal of where my father was taken. Help

My belongings were stored in my fathers garage. He is now in a home and my stored items were taken. I'm not allowed near my father (who has Parkinson's and dementia). It was agreed and allowed. I never receive notice of removal nor verbal of where my father was taken. Help

If he's your father, go visit him.
If you aren't being allowed to see him, why?
Is there a lawful restraining order that orders you to stay away from pops?
If that's the case, nothing for you to do, but OBEY the order.
If you choose NOT to obey the order, you risk being arrested.

As far as your belongings are concerned, unless your father regains his full mental faculties, you'll never know.

I suggest you give up the ghost on recovering your belongings, because you can't sue an incapacitated person, or an unknown thief.

At this point, it might be best to make nice with those who wield the power so you can be reunited with your father. Fighting them will only make things worse, so apologize, make nice so you can be with dad until his very last day.

Per the title of your thread your things were stolen by a family member - what family member? Do you know who has them? Who told you that your Father is now in a home but will not tell you where & that you can't see him? Your post isn't completely clear. We need more info/details. Thanks.

Per the title of your thread your things were stolen by a family member...

Actually, if we go by the title of the thread a family member was stolen by things.

My question would be what things? Space aliens? Zombies? Did they leave a ransom note?

And what this has to do with car sales, dealers, repairs, and lemon laws is beyond me.

I can't answer your probing query, other than to say, as close as I can guess is the "stuff" that was alleged to have been purloined was stored in a garage.

Of course, my friend, garages are where many of us park our motor vehicles.

Hence, the question may have been posted under "cars, et al" because cars go with garages, like soup goes with sandwiches, eggs go with bacon, and stuff stored in a garage goes with cars!!

Actually, if we go by the title of the thread a family member was stolen by things.

My question would be what things? Space aliens? Zombies? Did they leave a ransom note?

I read it the way it was written & had to laugh but knew that wasn't what OP meant.

Back