Falsifying a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLamb1213

A guy, fake name "Steve" was arrested for DWI and I believe this is his 4th and has around 12 refusals to blow in machine. "Steve" been arrested numerous of times and has a criminal record and wants a friend of mine to go to the police station and say he was the one driving not "Steve". "Steve" has people pressuring my friend to take this charge. "Steve" has pressured people in the past to take charges for him. Of my friend does this, can't he get into a lot of trouble? I believe it's wrong for the people to pressure him. what's the worst that could happen to my friend if He lies to the police and says that he was driving? can additional charges be given to Steve for pressuring and harassing him?

Depending on the laws in your state, your "friend" can be guilty of numerous criminal offenses including conspiracy (which, in some states, is a FELONY)!

And, if your "friend" goes to the cops and can convince them that "Steve" has tried to coerce him into making a false report to the police, there are almost certainly additional offenses that can be pursued against him related to witness tampering.

Why on Earth would your "friend" even remotely consider going down for a crime he didn't commit?!?! "Steve" made his bed, now he can lay in it ... why should your "friend"?

I'm not a friend enough to do that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back