Falsely Arrested, claim pending settlement agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable, according to my lawyer, he's gonn'a argue that it's 1,000 per hour I spent detained which was 58 hrs. The city tends to argue that it's 500 per hour. The loss of employment, we don't have (unfortunately). Anyway, all total is 65 grand. Something just isn't right. If I hold-out for court it's gonn'a be another year & a half and the only thing I'd be getting is "probably" another 20 grand added to-it. I guess my humiliation & mental distress is worth beans. Does this sound about right ? You can't put a price on what I went through but then, they can't turn the clock back and give me my life back the way it was. I told my lawyer that if we go to court I will produce this guy that they were after and he will testify as to what happened w/ the informants. I know for a fact we will be able to rebut whatever the officer in charge says about their proper execution of proceedures. :yes:

Thanks very much.

They know a jury would give you $100-150,000. They offer you $25,000, because they think you can't hold on for 12-18 months.

Damn!!! Tough choice. Only you can make this decision.

If you can afford it then hold out, unless your lawyer thinks otherwise.

If you can afford it then hold out, unless your lawyer thinks otherwise.

Believe you-me, I can hold-out another year, two years.....whatever. Sometimes I have my doubts about my lawyer as he seems to believe everything in the cops deposition to include a remark that the house was illegally rooming. My lawyer/s have been doing this for a lott'a years, they're a father & sons small firm and I'd like to think I made the right choice. During our most recent conversations I've expressed my interest in taking it to a jury in court cause I know I can expose the cops lies but my lawyer keeps focusing on pursuing this settle, although he did agree w/ me that he could use mine & the others testimony if we had to. I'm not a greedy man by any stretch. I just want what's right, fair & enough so that I can invest some in a couple of good ideas so that I can commence on a fresh new living for myself, my mother and sister somewhere away from this god forsaken place. :angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back