false indentity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmm14

A year ago, I made the mistake of giving my old learner's permit to a friend for getting into bars. I knew that she would never use it, as she had no one to go out with... I also lived with her and would have known any times she may have gone out. Never.

This year, I learned that she would be going out and using my identification. I was uncomfortable with that and politely asked for her to return it to me. She refused. I confronted her again, and she continued to refuse. She even said she got it confiscated at a bar last night. I went to the bar she spoke of and talked to the bouncer... he hadn't confiscated a single ID as of the time I spoke to him. There were plenty of witnesses around who know that she had my ID and claimed to have lost posession of it...

What can I do to get it back? What are my rights, if any? Is it worth it to try to retrieve it, or will I just get myself into more trouble than it's worth? HELP

I might tell her that if you don't get it back you'll have to report it stolen. If she is caught with it, she will have to deal with the consequences.

Originally posted by kmm14
A year ago, I made the mistake of giving my old learner's permit to a friend for getting into bars. I knew that she would never use it, as she had no one to go out with... I also lived with her and would have known any times she may have gone out. Never.

This year, I learned that she would be going out and using my identification. I was uncomfortable with that and politely asked for her to return it to me. She refused. I confronted her again, and she continued to refuse. She even said she got it confiscated at a bar last night. I went to the bar she spoke of and talked to the bouncer... he hadn't confiscated a single ID as of the time I spoke to him. There were plenty of witnesses around who know that she had my ID and claimed to have lost posession of it...

What can I do to get it back? What are my rights, if any? Is it worth it to try to retrieve it, or will I just get myself into more trouble than it's worth? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back