False Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcarter

I run a website for a friend who has starred in a couple of movies but he isn't really all that popular. However, recently there has been a couple of "posers" pretending to be him online - using pictures from the official website to claim that they are him.

These posers are interacting with fans ranging from 12 - 17 years old and is also spreading rumors which could seriously hurt my friend's reputation. I was wondering if there is any kind of cease and desist letter or a way to stop them?

Also, if there is a cease and desist letter I could E-mail them with, could someone (theLawProfessor <3 ) write me a simple one/two paragraph letter that says that My friend and I want the pictures to be taken down because they are copyrighted and that he has to stop posing.

mattcarter said:
I run a website for a friend who has starred in a couple of movies but he isn't really all that popular. However, recently there has been a couple of "posers" pretending to be him online - using pictures from the official website to claim that they are him.

These posers are interacting with fans ranging from 12 - 17 years old and is also spreading rumors which could seriously hurt my friend's reputation. I was wondering if there is any kind of cease and desist letter or a way to stop them?

Also, if there is a cease and desist letter I could E-mail them with, could someone (theLawProfessor <3 ) write me a simple one/two paragraph letter that says that My friend and I want the pictures to be taken down because they are copyrighted and that he has to stop posing.
You should simply write exactly what you are telling me here! To begin, you should take down the pictures and send a post to them stating that you have become aware that the people at the accounts listed are impersonating the star. They have also illegally used pictures from movies that depict this person and have been carrying on conversations as that person. You have kept the IP addresses and user information on file and will be providing it to the aggreived party in the event these activities do not stop immediately. The imposters are notified that suit will be filed against them for any and all damages as a result of their bad acts, sincerely, yours truly who is the webmaster. That should be enough to scare them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back