false charges dismissed want to sue cop for damages

Status
Not open for further replies.

fustrated

I am unsure if this is the section I want to be asking this question in or not if I've miscatagorized this post I do appoligize.

I was staying in a motel for a few days while my room mate had family visiting. The room was rented in my name and since I had no vehicle none were put on the registration for the room. I was bothered by 3 police officers who came into my room after lying to me at the door when I asked who was knocking the cop stated my friends name who had parked his van the night before in front of my room.

The officers had already searched the vehicle without consent which is how they had my friends name. They knocked on the door next to mine first and they guy stated the van belonged to a friend of the next room over. Which was my room. They arrested me and charged me for a vehicle's registration tags being stolen tags, which they were not stolen just out dated. They took my baby from me and put her into foster care where for over a year she was abused horribly forced to be restrained in a carseat everyday for numerous hours to claim her special needs and get more money from cps.

Now I want to sue this officer for ruining my life my childs life and for being totally out of line arresting me in the first place. The charges for the van registration tags was dismissed in court for lack of factual evidence. The tags were not stolen in the first place the officer made a mistake. The color was the same for the years 2002 and 2007 dark blue. He didn't look close enough at the tags he just called the plate in and assumed since the color was the current years that these tags must be illegal.

I have complied with cps all their stupid classes meetings drug testing and graduated their rediculous required programs. They are still trying to keep my child in the system and have terminated my rights to her as her mother when I never hurt her and she was reported as being healthy and happy when they stole her from me.

This county took advantage of the fact I was a single parent since my childs dad had a brain hemorrage a few months prior. They took advantage of the fact I had little resources for money but was making ends meet. They abused my child horribly I have pictures of the abuse they did to her. I have their own social workers who wrote concerns in the visitation logs because it was obvious my child was not ok.

This cop just drove by profiled the van which he couldn't have seen unless he was looking for a profile to hopefully score an arrest. The motel manager never saw the officers and they had no issues with me nor my friends van. Which they left in the motel parking lot when the tow truck driver said he couldn't tow it because it had the last year it was registered sticker displayed and it was parked on private property. This is why they had to drop the charges on this.

how do I sue the officers who stole my chance of being a parent because they were wrong for arresting me or bothering me in the first place?

The vehicle was not registered to me nor had I even driven it ever, I can't believe he tried to charge me for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back