Other Criminal Charges & Offenses false allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

propokerkid1

i was arrested 4 alledgedly threatening to kill my 2 uncles to an aunty. i was remanded in custody 4 3 months then just before trial i was taken to court and set free as no evidence was offered. i belive this was because i wrote to the prosecution outlining all the lies in the statements taken from my aunty and my uncles. not only do they contradict each other plenty, there are also phone calls between them as she tells them of my threat. however these calls happened approximatly 30 minutes before i even seen my aunty to alledgedly threaten her brothers. it was a complete fit up and im wandering if they can now be arrested 4 lying? any help wouldbe appreciated.

Short answer: nope.

(I can also pretty much guarantee that your letter made little to no difference - the prosecution obviously felt that there simply wasn't enough evidence).

So when you asked your solicitor these questions what were you told?

(the short answer is: Because sometimes that's just how long it takes)

how is it just that people can accuse you, lock you up then release you without any real explaination and you get no trial which would have proved i was right

It seems like there is some information missing here.

First off, you are dealing with UK law, which I think most around here aren't totally familiar with if at all.

Second, threats made to a third party shouldn't have been enough to get you arrested in the first place, but that may be a difference in UK law, or else there was more to it.

The answer is no, though. You do not have any recourse for the allegations against you. Just because the case was dismissed for lack of evidence does not mean that the statements made were false.

It could be possible that the arrest was bad. You could look into whether or not the police that took you into custody did so with properly. In that case, if they arrested you and really should not have due to the third party circumstances, you could potentially have a claim against them and the police agency itself for the bad arrest.

That is probably a long shot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back