Fake Magazine Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

renlongxia0302

My jurisdiction is: California, United States

My mom's boyfriend used my name online to subscribe to 4 magazines: House Beautiful, Redbook, Good Housekeeping, and Country Living. He knows my address because he is currently living with us. I didn't find out until a couple days ago when magazines showed up with bills. I know it was him because when I threw the magazine away in front of him, he said that I was going to pay for that. He knew that I had to pay for it, and he even said it was 60 dollars. I'm sure he has done this before regarding insurance. I got phone calls from several insurance companies, and I would tell them that I had never requested information. They even told me the email address from AOL and I told them it was not mine. I never used AOL mail. This was the same email address from AOL used under these magazine subscriptions. I've already filed a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission regarding this issue. What can else can I do about this problem? This is identity theft, right? :confused:

If it's true, then you may want to give him warning before you do what you are going to do. You should notify these companies immediately that the subscription placed was done fraudulently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back