Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Fake ID, and Purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerometor

I'm currently 17 years old, but my friend and i recieved a purchasing alcohal ticket when we were 16. We were headed to a party, and a friend asked me to buy some beer for him. So i buy the beer, ( i was not asked for an ID by the clerk) and i go get in the car. As my friend is comming out with a 12 pack of beer, two undercover cops from the stoate of california department of alcoholic beverage control flash their badges, and we're sited for Purchasing alcohol and possesing a fake ID. the ticket is:

25658 (b) B+P Juvenile Purchasing Alcoholic Beverages

25661 B+P Possession of False Identification

I've hear anything from losing my liscence for 2 months, to one year, and anywhere from 200-500 dollars. I know I'm guilty, but i'd just like some info on what's going to happen to me. My friends uncle is also a lawyer, and he's going to come along with us to court. He said something about a plea bargain... what is that? thanks in advance

A plea bargain is a guilty plea by a defendant in exchange for a more lenient sentence. By making the guilty plea the court and the prosecutor don't have to litigate the issue. This means that the matter won't be dragged out, preparation needed, a trial needed, witnesses called, etc. It costs time and money. Additionally, it's not always a slam dunk so the prosecutor is willing to settle so that he "wins" his case although it might not be the harshest penalty that he could have obtained against the defendant. In return for making this process of conviction quick and expeditious and a "win" for the prosecutor, the defendant is given a lighter sentence.

Additionally, some courts and prosecutors are not interested in the need to waste valuable court resources for simple cases nor are they interested in doling out a stiff penalty to a first time offender, possibly remembering that they too were young and the crime here is not so serious, e.g. theft, manslaughter. So, you might be able to get a lighter sentence and hopefully have learned your lesson.

Good luck!!

Please Help

Hi, i am 20 years old and i am a college student at appalachain state university in NC, this past weekend my friend and were going down the road and he asked me to stop by the local food stor and pick up some beer i used my own drivers license with all of the correct info on it but the date was altered to look as if i was 23 the clerk called the police and i was cited a ticket and given a court date..i am scared i also have heard of a plea bargin or someone told me to use a prayer of judjement? what is this offense and what should i expect? should i get a lawyer? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back