failure to yield right of way, but not what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

rellis113

I had come to a full stop at a stop sign and was about to go over the street. i know i had come to a full stop because i had to let cars pass. to my left was clear but i couldnt see but about 5 yards from the right of the stop sign due to over grown trees and vines. I went across thinking that that way was clear. there was a small truck heading towards my suv and i didnt make it across in time when he hit my rear passenger bumper. can i fight this? or should i just take the ticket and get driving school, this is my first time going to court ever and just need some advice.

I would go back and take photos of the overgrown trees, etc showing that your view was blocked and take it to court. It may work or may not but I would at least try and fight it. Because it is your first ticket they may be a little easier.

i already did that. i just found this website my court date is in 2 hours. But i heard that if i say not guilty (to not stopping) then that waives my right of driving school.

You can try and fight it if it is overgrown- but it will have to be pretty excessive.

When it gets down to it, if your view was obstructed they will say you should have been more cautious. After making a complete stop you should have crept out a bit to get a better look before continuing across the road.

You can try though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back