Failure to Control Speed...Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordominc

A couple of days ago I was exiting off one higway to get onto another, there is a yield sign which someone was stopped at waiting for cars to pass, I then stopped until her brake lights went off, and she began moving forward. at which point I released my brakes, I began looking away to see if cars were coming, when I looked back to go, she was stopped again, I slammed on my brakes and almost stopped, but tapped her, it didnt do anything to her car AT ALL-not even scratch it, but she still called the cops and I got a ticket for "Failure to Control Speed" While the officer was running my license, I took pictures of her car so she cant file on my insurence what isn't true. But like everyone my insurence will still go through the roof because of this ticket. Is there anything I can do? Will getting a copy of the report help at all?
Thanks!

Im also 17, and if it matters, not to offend anyone(i wanna be a cop myself), the cop was being a di*k because he knew me from another incident where he wanted to arrest me, but his supervisor let me go.

Texas Speeding Ticket

Texas Traffic School
You are correct about just one ticket sending your insurance sky high. Call the clerk of court and see if you are eligible for traffic school and the ticket not show on your record. This is not usually available where there was an accident but this does not seem to meet those requirements.

Here is a link for more information on Texas traffic school

http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?lcode=4013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back