F Visa F1 Visa Practical Training period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spain

I am studying for an Associates degree in the culinary arts, this is a 2 year program. I am a career changer, I already have a Bachelors degree in Economics and a Masters in Economics. The Bachelors I graduated in 93 from a USA University and the Masters is from England.

I was given an F1 visa at this current degree only for 2 years without that practical training period after you graduate on the basis they said that I have a masters degree and that am going down to an associates level.
This does not make sense to me as this is a totally different field of study. Please advice. Who grants this practical training period approval, the school? or the government. Thanks very much

The school doesn't set the time period - the government does. You must be actually enrolled in school. I have no idea how the school considers its programs to be equivalent of a certain level, e.g. associates, bachelors. If the program is approved by the government, that is the determining factor. What degree you get is something to take up with the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back