Extradition

A

Anonymous user

Jurisdiction
Florida
I recently learned that i am wanted by the Miami police department on larceny charges. There is no warrant number listed - just a case number which does not show Up on any searches I've done. The date on this is 01/29/16. I haven't lived in Miami since 2014. Can I be extradited for this when I haven't even been tried or convicted? Would they actually come looking for me where I am now (another state) just to arrest me on this charge? If so how long does this usually take?

Yes, you could be extradited from CA to FL.
That said, it's generally not don't for $100, but as the amount grows, can't say how much they're more inclined to extradite.
Another reason they extradite is number of crimes, injuries to victim, number of victims; only the police know if they will extradite you.

You'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, you could be extradited from CA to FL.
That said, it's generally not don't for $100, but as the amount grows, can't say how much they're more inclined to extradite.
Another reason they extradite is number of crimes, injuries to victim, number of victims; only the police know if they will extradite you.

You'll just have to wait and see.

First of all I am not in California. Second I'm only aware of what this might be because I am also a victim of identity theft that being said if it's what I think it is it's for something that occurred back in 2013 and I moved in 2014 I had no idea this would happen so it's not like I fled. If they did try to extradite how long does that take? I'm hoping I have time to get this matter resolved prior to that

I'm hoping I have time to get this matter resolved prior to that

The only way you will have time to get the matter resolved is to hire an attorney in Florida to handle this for you now.

Otherwise, if the police ever do catch up to you, and it could be for something as simple as a traffic stop, it will happen at the worst possible time and it'll be too late. They will just take you in and impound your car. Then you'll sit in jail for a while until they decide what to do with you.

First of all I am not in California. Second I'm only aware of what this might be because I am also a victim of identity theft that being said if it's what I think it is it's for something that occurred back in 2013 and I moved in 2014 I had no idea this would happen so it's not like I fled. If they did try to extradite how long does that take? I'm hoping I have time to get this matter resolved prior to that

CA, NM, ID, MS, GA. NY, NJ, use any state that's not adjacent to FL, and the answer is the same.

EXTRADITION is rarely done for a CRAP felony.
It's hardly ever done for a traffic offense or misdemeanor.
That said, sometimes you're the exception.

If, however, you're a drug kingpin, a child molester, a mega-embezzler, armed robber, murderer, or serial killer; they'll AGGRESSIVELY seek your extradition.

Now, here's the rub.
Let's say the warrant is issued by FL and you get a traffic citation in MO. The cop runs your name, hauls you in for the FL felony. You might languish in a jail for 4-6 weeks, and FL says it costs too much to transport. They tell MO to cut you loose. See the potential pattern?

YMMV

The truth of the matter is that no one knows what could happen to you.

Your effort at resolving the issue might be your best play.

Back