Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Ex’s New Girlfriend Won’t Stop Contacting My Husband and I

Anon549w347

Jurisdiction
Maryland
My husband and I were on the rocks and during that time I was seeing another man... I later found out he had a "friend" that ended up contacting me. Once I found out they were serious, I ceased all communications with him, nearly a year ago. Since then my husband and I have decided to reconcile... However, the new girlfriend will not stop contacting us through social media messengers. Every few weeks to a month she will contact my husband and claim to have emails, photos, etc. I exchanged with the other man during our "relationship". Other times she will message my husband and tell him I'm with the man, when I'm in fact at home with my husband. Additionally, she stalks my social media pages (i.e. pinterest, instagram, etc) and those of my employer. She most recently contacted me claiming I was trying to get the man's attention with my posts. However, the posts she shared belonged to someone else, with a similar name.
We've asked her to cease all communications, but she doesn't stop...
I know I'm at fault for what occurred during the bad time of my marriage, but we're going on a year now and as soon as we think we're in the clear, she starts again.
What are my rights? Do I have any in this situation? Can she distribute emails/materials acquired by hacking someone else's email?

You and he might wish to discuss the efficacy of an emergency order of protection with a local attorney and/or the police.

It might be easier and quicker if you took a break from ALL social media, deleted your social media accounts, or if possible just BLOCK all characters you don't wish to contact either of you.

What are my rights? Do I have any in this situation?

It's not clear from the first part of your post who this woman is, but, like every other person, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and create a list.

Can she distribute emails/materials acquired by hacking someone else's email?

Hold on. Up to this point of your post, you told us that this seemingly random person did the following things:

1. "will not stop contacting us through social media messengers." Solution: Block her and/or close and/or change your social media accounts.

2. "Every few weeks to a month she will contact my husband. . . . Other times she will message my husband. . . . She most recently contacted me. . . ." Solution: See above (also, change your phone numbers if that's how she's contacting you).

3. "she stalks my social media pages" Solution: Depending on what exactly "stalks my social media pages" means, there's likely nothing illegal about this, and there may be no solution other than to close your social media accounts.

Hacking email may very well be illegal. However, you mentioned nothing about hacking until the very last sentence of your post, so we have no information about what exactly is happening in that regard.

My husband and I were on the rocks and during that time I was seeing another man... I later found out he had a "friend" that ended up contacting me. Once I found out they were serious, I ceased all communications with him, nearly a year ago. Since then my husband and I have decided to reconcile... However, the new girlfriend will not stop contacting us through social media messengers. Every few weeks to a month she will contact my husband and claim to have emails, photos, etc. I exchanged with the other man during our "relationship". Other times she will message my husband and tell him I'm with the man, when I'm in fact at home with my husband. Additionally, she stalks my social media pages (i.e. pinterest, instagram, etc) and those of my employer. She most recently contacted me claiming I was trying to get the man's attention with my posts. However, the posts she shared belonged to someone else, with a similar name.
We've asked her to cease all communications, but she doesn't stop...
I know I'm at fault for what occurred during the bad time of my marriage, but we're going on a year now and as soon as we think we're in the clear, she starts again.
What are my rights? Do I have any in this situation? Can she distribute emails/materials acquired by hacking someone else's email?

So is your husband still dating this woman? Because you refer to her as "new girlfriend."

Here's an easy way to stop harassment on social media: Block the individual. Super easy. You just go to their profile, go to "block" and poof. No more messages. Same with phones - you can block phone numbers. Your husband can do the same. On all social media and his phone.

If she starts harassing you in person you call the police.

Back