Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI EX's 3rd DUI????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

heidiCT

My ex has just been arrested for his 6th DUI (that I know of), the first 3 where in the early 80's, and are not appearing on his record.
Connecticut resident, does anyone know the penalties that will happen for the 3rd conviction? He has been notified by DMV that his license is under suspension for 3 years.
Being brain dead, he thinks this is all that will happen to his license. I have search the web and found that (if convicted) he will permantly lose his license,and possibly a year in jail etc.
Does anyone know what the laws are?
I have sole custody of our 2 disabled sons, the child support that comes in is extremely needed. I have no clue what will happen if he goes to jail. I can only guess that not only will he be punished, but my sons as well. Any advise, help would be greatly appreciated. TY

I can now understand why he is your ex... a 6th DUI is unforgivable. What I have found is that the statute states the following regarding Connecticut law: CGS § 14-227a

A minimum of one and up to three years in jail, a fine of $2,000-8,000 and permanent revocation of his license. Not only is this not small but going to jail for at least 1 year will have serious repercussions on his life when he gets out.

heidi_CT said:
My ex has just been arrested for his 6th DUI (that I know of), the first 3 where in the early 80's, and are not appearing on his record.
Connecticut resident, does anyone know the penalties that will happen for the 3rd conviction? He has been notified by DMV that his license is under suspension for 3 years.
Being brain dead, he thinks this is all that will happen to his license. I have search the web and found that (if convicted) he will permantly lose his license,and possibly a year in jail etc.
Does anyone know what the laws are?
I have sole custody of our 2 disabled sons, the child support that comes in is extremely needed. I have no clue what will happen if he goes to jail. I can only guess that not only will he be punished, but my sons as well. Any advise, help would be greatly appreciated. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back