Criminal Records, Expungement expungment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyhs

in 2009 I got convicted of PC 484 and then I got it dismissed after 2 years probation. I applied to CNA school and they said I had to take a background check and pass...I took it and the school did not say anything to me so I assumed nothing showed up. When I called the state about the status of my license they said it is getting reviewed because something came up. So im not sure what exactly it means to get dismissed if it still shows up?

I know what I did was not ok but I have done nothing wrong since then and now I an a single parent to a 1 year old and im trying to support him but I just cant get a job with this showing up. If I went to the courts clerk can I get paperwork to get my record erased...Is that possible? I will have to do everything myself I can barely support my son let alone pay for an attorney but if it is possible I will represent myself in court.

In California

Your biggest problem may be in the way you answer the question on the application. If you answer that you have never been arrested and the background check reveals you have, you likely won't get far. If you answer that you have been arrested and served probation then they can at least evaluate an honest answer.
2009 is not that long ago. You may still need more time to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back