Criminal Records, Expungement Expungment Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr3w5py

Ok, so right I am in the process of hopefully getting an expungment. I've heard that basically I can apply for a job and say I have never been arested but that some records exist. Who can access these? I am very interested in working abroad and I am wondering if an expungment would help in this situation. I've been looking into teaching English abroad and Im wondering if since that would be involved in immigration and government that if I received my expungment if my record would still show up in background checks. Please help me, I've done a lot of research and have gotten no answers. Also, any other information about traveling/studying/working abroad with a criminal record and possible expungment would be great, thank you.

Ok, so right I am in the process of hopefully getting an expungment. I've heard that basically I can apply for a job and say I have never been arested but that some records exist. Who can access these? I am very interested in working abroad and I am wondering if an expungment would help in this situation. I've been looking into teaching English abroad and Im wondering if since that would be involved in immigration and government that if I received my expungment if my record would still show up in background checks. Please help me, I've done a lot of research and have gotten no answers. Also, any other information about traveling/studying/working abroad with a criminal record and possible expungment would be great, thank you.

The conviction which is expunged is deemed to have never happened. If you are asked whether you have ever been arrested, convicted, or charged with a crime or offense (as it pertains to this conviction) you can legally answer "no" to the question. Running a criminal background check should result in "NO CRIMINAL RECORD FOUND." Exceptions to this rule are if you are applying for a job as a law enforcement officer or in the judicial branch of the government, if you are facing new criminal charges, or seeking another expungement or diversionary program. Note also that an expungement does not mean that arrest records will not be available. Good luck with your future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back