Criminal Records, Expungement Expungement helpfor dissmissed case in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the charge; severity; when it occurred; if you were convicted, received deferred adjudication, acquitted, or charges were dismissed (and why dismissed); whether you have any other arrests (and severity and when). Depending on the answer you either can get (1) an expungement (destroys the record), (2) Order of NonDisclosure (Seals the Record) or (3) not eligbile and must get a pardon. Thus, I would need more to point you in the right direction.

vmcmurry said:
Depends on the charge; severity; when it occurred; if you were convicted, received deferred adjudication, acquitted, or charges were dismissed (and why dismissed); whether you have any other arrests (and severity and when). Depending on the answer you either can get (1) an expungement (destroys the record), (2) Order of NonDisclosure (Seals the Record) or (3) not eligbile and must get a pardon. Thus, I would need more to point you in the right direction.
And it also depends upon the state. I don't know why people don't post what state they are in even though it seems pretty clear to do so!

You should call the court clerk's office and ask them what forms are needed for expungement, they may have them for you to pick up and fill in. Tell them you are acting pro se (without an attorney). You will find that most clerks are very helpful to individuals acting pro se. I don't know about Texas, but in Florida, you can only get expungement for certain crimes and you have to get a certificate of eligibility from the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement. You may want to ask the clerk about forms needed for a sealing of records. It is usually a lot harder to get records expunged (destroyed), then it is to have them sealed. Start with the clerk's office. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back