Executors want to replace themselves with sons when they step down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volna

Jurisdiction
Ontario
Hopefully in the right space.

This occurred 3 years ago

My oldest nephew who was named as an executor stepped down with a lame ass excuse to allow his father to weasel his way onto my mothers will with the help of my mothers attorney who he went to law school with.

My brother had the lawyer remove my name, put his and my younger brothers name on. I could have fired the lawyer, but that would have caused more trouble for my mother as she was dying, so I let the POS have his way.

Big mistake as he's done nothing but cause trouble early on

Last week

My second brother stated to my younger brother recently that when he and first brother step down. They're going to name their sons as replacements

The older brothers son who had already stepped aside and the other son who is a lawyer

Did a Google search, but it really couldn't understand the question I was asking

From what I understand. Only those named in the will as executors are executors and they can not pass their position on to others after probate etc. years later. As one is not named as an alternate and the first son already stepped down

So the question is.

Once they step down (or before). They can't name replacements for themselves can they?

Thanks in advance

Sorry. Although this forum allows you to list a different jurisdiction, it is aimed at assisting with US law matters. While Canadian law can be similar in some situations, you can't rely on American law for Canadian matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back