Ex-husband Slander on Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreastaves

I have been dealing with a mentally unstable ex husband for quite some time now. It seems that he is NEVER going to just go away. Instead he has repeatedly created webpages about me, posting my picture and making claims that are false regarding our divorce.

He had created 2 webpages that I knew about and I knew his password and deleted all the information. (not too smart on my part, i know)

Regardless, he has his own domain name and I don't know how to find out the service provider to make a complaint.

Not only does he lie about everything on this page, he has my picture posted and asks if anyone knows where I am, to contact him with the information.

This man is and was VERY abusive, mentally and physical abuse began shortly before we seperated. I am afraid of him and even after several years, I still look over my shoulder, always wondering if he has someone watching me.

The problem also is that I live in Florida and he has fled the United States back to his home country of England. I have no idea if I can contact anyone to get this information removed. The biggest fear I have is that he will find me and have someone take my son away. He made a lot of low life friends after our seperation, who are capable of god knows what....

If anyone has any information, please please please, help me and my son. I want to live a normal life and not have to worry constantly about hiding from him and his slander of my name on the internet.

Thank you for listening. Please respond if you have any information. I truly believe it could be a matter of life and death...

andreastaves said:
I have been dealing with a mentally unstable ex husband for quite some time now. It seems that he is NEVER going to just go away. Instead he has repeatedly created webpages about me, posting my picture and making claims that are false regarding our divorce.

He had created 2 webpages that I knew about and I knew his password and deleted all the information. (not too smart on my part, i know)

Regardless, he has his own domain name and I don't know how to find out the service provider to make a complaint.

Not only does he lie about everything on this page, he has my picture posted and asks if anyone knows where I am, to contact him with the information.

This man is and was VERY abusive, mentally and physical abuse began shortly before we seperated. I am afraid of him and even after several years, I still look over my shoulder, always wondering if he has someone watching me.

The problem also is that I live in Florida and he has fled the United States back to his home country of England. I have no idea if I can contact anyone to get this information removed. The biggest fear I have is that he will find me and have someone take my son away. He made a lot of low life friends after our seperation, who are capable of god knows what....

If anyone has any information, please please please, help me and my son. I want to live a normal life and not have to worry constantly about hiding from him and his slander of my name on the internet.

Thank you for listening. Please respond if you have any information. I truly believe it could be a matter of life and death...
This is not really a small claims issue unless your local court will handle defamation matters. You could request compensation for efforts, costs and punitive damages (this really varies whether small claims courts can provide them but they have been known to "find" damages where possible and merited.) Here are a few suggestions of what you can do to prevent your ex from committing these kinds of actions.

(1) Going to most registrars and you can find out information. Try directnic.com or any other. Put his domain name into the field and choose "whois" information. It will give you his current address and information and will likely provide a "technical contact" which will give you the phone number and address of his hosting company.

(2) My favorite site is http://www.dnsstuff.com/ which will enable to you track out what registrar is providing him with service. It will enable you to find out his "IP address" and you'll be able to determine who is hosting his account.

(3) Write to them a letter claiming defamatory material and that unless removed you will be forced to take action against the web site owner and the hosting company. Typically the host will require the material to be taken down.

Good luck to you and hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back