EX-girlfriend's boyfriend threatening physical harm...what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahyete

Hello,

I dated this girl for 8 months or so. We got along well, and she even helped me out with my business. I am a photographer and she would try to help me sell my pictures by contacting clients, doing meetings, etc.. I realized after 8 months or so, that I would rather get out of the relationship than to stay with her. Since she had been selling pictures for me, she was in contact with a client. I think she sold pictures that I had asked her to deliver, as she has been elusive when it comes to this topic. She has dated on-and-off with different guys, and one guy in particular told her he had a problem with me, and that he was jealous for whatever reason. After not receiving my pictures or the rest of the money from the sale, I left her a voice message telling her to, "Never contact me again, and that you can keep the pictures and that I just wanted to move on." That was on Thursday September 22nd, it is now Thursday September 29th and I received a threatening phone call from someone I believe to be him or someone that she is currently dating. I left no malicious message, and I just wanted closure. I think she is having a hard time with this, and she is probably feeding him all the bad things about me, and making things up to fuel his anger. He called tonight and threatened me saying, "If you ever call "X," or call her any names, I'm going to break your neck. I dare you to!"

I saved the voice message and I am going to record it via a voice recorder tomorrow and start keeping a log/journal of these events. He knows where I work, as he stated, "I'm going to come down there, and yada yada.." What should I do? Should I fear for my safety?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

nahyete

In my experience with my friend having this same issue there wasnt much he could do unless you have some form of media, preferably video, of him saying something direct like "I am going to take this gun in my hand and shoot you." My friend use to get threatening voicemails but the cops usually said there was nothing they could do that they needed the threat to be very precise and that the voicemail wasnt really much to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back