Eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg05rg

My roomates and I have been at war for a while now. Weve decided that we shouldnt live together anymore. This past month however, when i asked them to drop my rent off to the landlord they refused to do it. This caused me to be 13 days late on rent, I was away from home and couldnt do it myself. Now they are telling me I have to be out by the 31st because the cosigners (there parents) are evicting me. Can a cosigner evict you? My roomates said they have been talking to lawyers. From what I know only the landlord can evict a tenant, am I right?
please help

Im actually from toronto canada. I got a written notice of eviction today from my roomates mother. Basically it states that they want me out by the 31st of march. The weird thing about it is i havent been contacted by the building about this eviction and the notice i was given was written by my roomates mother. Another thing, dont they have to give me at least 30 days notice? Iv paid for first and last months rent so doesnt that mean that if they kick me out on the 31st of march they owe me for my last months? I am techincally on the lease, my one roomate forged my signature. Something doesnt seem to be adding up right tho, theyv claimed to have talked to a lawyer but shouldnt a lawyer know about the rules when it comes to evicting someone. And how come my building can get away with not contacting me directly regarding an eviction. Does it make a difference that the parents are guarantors on the apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back