Eviction Recourse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistwist

Where to begin... I live in NC my lease ran out in April of this year, so I am month to month.

In March of this year the landlord informed me that my neighbor next door would be moving in. From the beginning something was very strange about this man, come to find out he is a pedophile and had just been released from prison. I contacted the landlord as soon as I found out and she stated she had no idea of his situation. With in days of him moving in he started buying my 14 yr old son gifts, clothes, dvd's etc. Again I contacted the landlord by phone to complain and inform her I was on my way to the police dept. to file a report.

Within another week the man was playing music every afternoon so loud I couldn't even hear my own tv, after several calls to the landlord that would result in a day or two of peace at best I called the landlord to inform her I was calling the police to let them deal with it. She agreed that was the best course at that point. Calling the police again only worked for a couple days.

Jumping ahead because the music is STILL ongoing, on the 18th of Aug. I returned home to find it almost 90 degrees in the apt. and the air handler encrusted in a thick layer of ice and me now sweating my butt off because you can't open the windows because all of the screens have gaping holes(which I asked be fixed when I moved in). Unable to get in touch with the landlord and afraid of the water damaging the already ancient air handler I called the local heating and air company, the landlord uses to ask them what to do. They say we will be right out don't use it! I said ok but I have to notify the landlord before any work is done. So I call the landlord and get her daughter, she has moms cell phone, and mom is busy so I leave a message with her that I have had to call the HVAC guy and she says she will pass it on the her mom. The HVAC guy never shows up so I call the landlord, again her daughter answers and says mom is busy I said that's fine I dont need to talk to her I just need to know if the ac guy called, she asked and says no and hangs up. Ten minutes later I get a call from the landlord, sorry I was busy whats up, my daughter never gave me the previous days message. Several times in the past she had said, and even given me the "important numbers" in case of a problem. to make a long story short, the outside AC unit had to be replaced.

Two days later I call her to let her know the new AC unit is and to let her know the roof is leaking right over my bed. I never hear a word from her until the 24th, at which time I get an email asking for my mailing address so she can send out a "newsletter", so I send her my mailing address. Needless to say 4 days later I get a letter, but its not a newsletter it is letter from her attorney telling me I have to be out by Oct 31st.

Since recieving her attorneys notice Hurricane Ophelia has breezed on through and the roof is almost completely with out shingles right over my bedroom, it hasnt rained yet but I can just imagine the mess when it does.

I feel this is retalitory for the repairs and the complaints about the pedo neighbors music, my rent is paid 15 days in advance EVERY month, she has never notified me of any complaints against me and all I have ever done was ask her to fix the BIG problems, there are many small ones as well but they never caused any major problems. I even offered to buy the whole building at one point but she just shrugged it off.

Have I got any recourse at all? I haven't done anything wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back