Other Criminal Procedure Eviction Personnel Stole Property

PLakshmi

Jurisdiction
Georgia
What legal recourse/option is due to me when the eviction personnel was stealing my property at the same time of the eviction process? They attempted to sell the merchandise and were apprehended and a police report has been filed. Not all of my properties were recovered. Who is responsible/libel for the actions of the eviction personnel? What legal action is afforded to me towards the company that hired the eviction crew?

What legal recourse/option is due to me when the eviction personnel was stealing my property at the same time of the eviction process? They attempted to sell the merchandise and were apprehended and a police report has been filed. Not all of my properties were recovered. Who is responsible/libel for the actions of the eviction personnel? What legal action is afforded to me towards the company that hired the eviction crew?

You'll have to prove your accusations, IF you choose to go to court.
If you think your junk was stolen, you can sue the company that HIRED the ones you call "eviction personnel".

Normally the Master/Servant Doctrine applies in these situations, assuming of course, that what you've said is believed to be true by a court.

(Master/Servant = A legal doctrine that is used to describe the relationship arising between an employer and an employee. A master and servant relationship arises out of an express contract; the law, however, will sometimes imply a contract when none exists if a person was led to believe there was one by the conduct of both the employer and the employee.)

By the way, when you sue (assuming you are successful), be prepared for your former landlord to move to attach your WINNINGS. Normally when a person is evicted, he or she owes money to the former landlord.

Back