eviction of children's father who is not on lease

misse922

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I foolishly took pity on my ex (the father of my two girls) about 5 months ago. He was being evicted and told my younger daughters that he would be homeless and they pleaded to let him stay. I let him stay with us on a temporary basis. Now five months later, he refused to move. He doesn't pay rent, he gives me money sporadically for food and gas, but nothing towards utilities or rent. How I do evict someone in Toledo, Ohio that is not on the lease I have with my landlords. They don't even know he was staying here temporarily.

I foolishly took pity on my ex (the father of my two girls) about 5 months ago. He was being evicted and told my younger daughters that he would be homeless and they pleaded to let him stay. I let him stay with us on a temporary basis. Now five months later, he refused to move. He doesn't pay rent, he gives me money sporadically for food and gas, but nothing towards utilities or rent. How I do evict someone in Toledo, Ohio that is not on the lease I have with my landlords. They don't even know he was staying here temporarily.
Lawriter - ORC
You must follow the LL/Tenant law for Ohio.

How I do evict someone in Toledo, Ohio that is not on the lease I have with my landlords.

He is your tenant. You are his landlord. The oral contract for his tenancy is between you and him.

You follow the procedures in ORC 5321.17 (B):

Lawriter - ORC - 5321.17 Termination of tenancy.

You give him written 30 days notice and if he's not out by the end of 30 days you evict through the court.

If he gets hostile and abusive when you hand him the notice, take out a restraining order and the police will remove him quickly.

Back