1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Eviction by mother Eviction Grounds

Discussion in 'Eviction, Recovery of Premises' started by dissenterinc, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dissenterinc

dissenterinc Law Topic Starter New Member

If my mother owns the home I live in (inherited) but doesn't live there and never has with myself my fiancée and her seven year old and our newborn son and I pay all the utilities, property taxes, mortgage (In her name) insurance, association fees... and have the bank statements to prove it, can she evict me for personal reasons in New Jersey? We have no written lease and have been living here for years since it was my grandmas. If so how long do I have to move?

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

If she is the owner then you are essentially a tenant and she can evict you. A written lease is not required. Time you have to move varies with the circumstances, but it is usually a slow process.
    It would probably be better for everyone to make nice with mom and settle your differences.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

I don't know why she currently wants you out but yes she can evict you since she owns the house. She will have to do it legally which takes times. Can something possibly be worked out?