Evicting the flat due to the landlord failing in paying his mortgage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah1feb

I am renting for the first time in UK. The Estate Agency pushed a last minute paper to me to sign while signing the contract. It is a paper inwhich I am agreeing to leave the flat if the landlord fails to pay his mortgage to the bank (The eviction to be done by the bank that the landlord borrowed money from).
I was totally surprised by it as i didn't know that the flat is under mortgage and I had to sign in order not to lose money in hotels. My contract is for 6 months only and I intend to extend the contract for another 6 months. I am really afraid that in case i did extend it and the landlord failed to pay his mortgage to the bank that i will have to leave the flat without a fair notice and have to pay maybe for the rest of the renting period through the end of the contract.
My question is: in case the bank claimed the flat, do I have to pay to the landlord for the months that i am not any more living in that flat? As a direct debit was set from the begining according the Estate Agency terms and conditions.
Please advise. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back