Event Ticket Sales on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

posetir

I purchased 2 tickets to a NY Islanders playoff game from another ebay member. Unfortunately, the team did not advance to the next round and I requested a refund from the seller. The seller refuses to give a refund, based on the premise that he did not offer a refund in the auction. I checked with the NY Islanders, and found out that the guy received a full refund for the purchase of the playoff tickets.

Am I entitled to a refund? Is it worth taking to small claims court?

I also considered, since I still have the physical tickets, would I be entitled to a refund if I returned the tickets to the seller in small claims?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think the seller is being ridiculous and it's manifestly clear that you were buying the tickets, not the right to get the tickets if they were going to be issued. Let him explain his rationale to the judge or arbitrator. I would sue and would also report your experience to e-bay. I think what the seller did is an insult to one's intelligence. If there is an ambiguity with regard to a contract, verbal or written, the agreement is construed against the drafter -- and that would be against the seller. This is because the seller has it in his/her power to make the deal language clear. What is clear is that if the seller had made the terms clear, nobody would have purchased his tickets.

posetir said:
I purchased 2 tickets to a NY Islanders playoff game from another ebay member. Unfortunately, the team did not advance to the next round and I requested a refund from the seller. The seller refuses to give a refund, based on the premise that he did not offer a refund in the auction. I checked with the NY Islanders, and found out that the guy received a full refund for the purchase of the playoff tickets.

Am I entitled to a refund? Is it worth taking to small claims court?

I also considered, since I still have the physical tickets, would I be entitled to a refund if I returned the tickets to the seller in small claims?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back