Equipment Warranty

DarthV

Jurisdiction
Texas
I will try to get a simple description.
Bought an expensive used medical device. There was stipulation for a 90 day warranty. Seller claimed to have gone over the device in all respects before sending it. I was not able to arrange testing the machine till after the 90 days, after which period I discovered many problems. Device was not drained properly as is required and froze along the way causing much damage.
The device was also never tested because many parts were incorrect and would obviously been caught before shipping. Them testing the device was one of the selling points for me buying the machine.
Some items were not sent.
I did contact the seller but he basically ignored me stating the 90 day warranty period is over.
I was wondering how strong my case is to pursue them legally even with this 90 day warranty stipulation. It seems that the 90 day warranty covers if things brake down during that period but they basically never fulfilled their duties to overlook the machine and send all the parts.
I do have a 3 party service provider that will provides estimates and all things that were repaired and will need to be repaired.
Was thinking of taking them to Texas small claims court.

Bought an expensive used medical device. There was stipulation for a 90 day warranty. Seller claimed to have gone over the device in all respects before sending it. I was not able to arrange testing the machine till after the 90 days, after which period I discovered many problems. Device was not drained properly as is required and froze along the way causing much damage.
The device was also never tested because many parts were incorrect and would obviously been caught before shipping. Them testing the device was one of the selling points for me buying the machine.
I did contact the seller but he basically ignored me stating the 90 day warranty period is over.
I was wondering how strong my case is to pursue them legally even with this 90 day warranty stipulation. It seems that the 90 day warranty covers if things brake down during that period but they basically never fulfilled their duties to overlook the machine and send all the parts.
I do have a 3 party service provider that will provides estimates and all things that were repaired and will need to be repaired.
What type of device is this? Why were you unable to test within 90 days? Where is the seller located? How was the purchase made...in a store? Internet?

Last edited:
There was stipulation for a 90 day warranty.

What kind of stipulation? Was it in writing? Did it explain the terms and conditions of the warranty?

Quote it word for word.

I don't think anybody can help you without that.

Though I think you are probably SOL for not checking it out when you received it.

What type of device is this? Why were you unable to test within 90 days? Where is the seller located? How was the purchase made...in a store? Internet?
Its a laser. Because the plug required was avialable. It was a internet purchase and by wire.
The seller was ignoring me from the start after 1 st payment

Its a laser. Because the plug required was avialable. It was a internet purchase and by wire.
You had a 90-day warranty and you exceeded that.

What kind of stipulation? Was it in writing? Did it explain the terms and conditions of the warranty?

Quote it word for word.

I don't think anybody can help you without that.

Though I think you are probably SOL for not checking it out when you received it.

Original poster here. The seller ignored me more or less from when it arrived. He also delivered it with a wrong wall plug, etc.

There was no mention of any of this in your original post. Why do the facts change when you don't get the answers you want?

I have to correct myself - the OP *did* in fact mention that parts were missing upon receipt of the item, however, the OP implies that first contact was made after the 90-day warranty period had expired. Based on that, it's entirely reasonable to think that the OP would have mentioned the missing parts immediately upon receipt.

Back